partition for zeta
GARTH
2004-10-15 22:35:05 UTC
I'm wanting to install zeta rc3 in my pc but my last attempt could be
classed as a disaster i followed all the steps to partition the drive for
beos installed it. All worked well until the damn thing escaped it's
partition and wiped out everything in my machine are there any programs that
are able to keep zeta contained. I'm only grateful it never dicovered my
raid setup or i'd have none of my original programs
Eugenia Loli-Queru
2004-10-17 08:09:14 UTC
If Zeta's partition manager doesn't work well, simply create the partitions
with a bootable Linux CD or floppy distribution (you will need to know how
to use fdisk or cfdisk). Create for a Zeta a FAT32 partition.
Then, when you boot with Zeta, simply tell Zeta to "initialize" that FAT32
partition as "BFS". Don't tell Zeta to partition anything, only to
initialize the given partition for itself.
Then, install Zeta on it, and you should be all set.

Eugenia
7 Habits Of Highly Effective Penii
2004-10-17 23:10:59 UTC
Post by Eugenia Loli-Queru
If Zeta's partition manager doesn't work well, simply create the
partitions with a bootable Linux CD or floppy distribution (you will
need to know how to use fdisk or cfdisk). Create for a Zeta a FAT32
partition. Then, when you boot with Zeta, simply tell Zeta to
"initialize" that FAT32 partition as "BFS". Don't tell Zeta to partition
anything, only to initialize the given partition for itself.
Then, install Zeta on it, and you should be all set.
Eugenia
Fancy meeting you here. ; )

What did you think of the Hallmark article? I had no idea that was coming
until it was published.
--
http://BeDoper.com - BeOS and a hell of a lot more

Gortician's Not Dead, Punk
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=15537

Gortician - "Purple Haze" cover
http://www.audiostreet.net/artists/000/640/gortician.html
CWO4 Dave Mann
2006-11-10 20:32:55 UTC
Post by GARTH
I'm wanting to install zeta rc3 in my pc but my last attempt could be
classed as a disaster i followed all the steps to partition the drive for
beos installed it. All worked well until the damn thing escaped it's
partition and wiped out everything in my machine are there any programs
that are able to keep zeta contained. I'm only grateful it never dicovered
my raid setup or i'd have none of my original programs
Why not use the Visualization capability of Linux to set up a drive just
for Zeta?

dave

7 Habits Of Highly Effective Penii
2004-10-17 23:09:19 UTC
Post by GARTH
I'm wanting to install zeta rc3 in my pc but my last attempt could be
classed as a disaster i followed all the steps to partition the drive
for beos installed it. All worked well until the damn thing escaped it's
partition and wiped out everything in my machine are there any programs
that are able to keep zeta contained. I'm only grateful it never
dicovered my raid setup or i'd have none of my original programs
Well, since I'm not "a serious news site", I don't think I can get a review
copy, and I'm not buying anything still in Beta after a year, I can't really
help you. But I bet someone in alt.os.beos can.

Did they drop the Partition Magic license in favor of a new installation
method?

Edmund
2004-10-27 09:34:38 UTC
Post by GARTH
I'm wanting to install zeta rc3 in my pc but my last attempt could be
classed as a disaster i followed all the steps to partition the drive
for beos installed it. All worked well until the damn thing escaped it's
partition and wiped out everything in my machine are there any programs
that are able to keep zeta contained. I'm only grateful it never
dicovered my raid setup or i'd have none of my original programs
I have had serious problems with rc2, it installed normal, worked normal, but
then when I viewed the contend of a windows disk with rc2, rc2 halted and the
windisk was damaged!?
Some time later one or two hard disks where unreadble.
I tested my computer with all testprograms I coulds find, there was no problem'
I wiped out rc 2 installed everything new and I never had a problem since.
I just thought to install rc2 again but after reading this I don't think I ever
use it again.
VOTE LIBERTARIAN OR I'LL KILL YOU
2004-10-29 01:03:03 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by GARTH
[...]
Damn, man. Is yellowTab trying to kill BeOS for good?

Raoul Xembawnschii
2004-11-07 21:54:01 UTC

Gimme driver for S3 virge video card now!!!!!
Dick Eastman for Congress - 2006
2004-11-11 00:04:18 UTC
Habits
Post by Edmund
problem' I wiped out rc 2 installed everything new and I never had a
problem since. I just thought to install rc2 again but after reading
this I don't think I ever use it again.
Damn, man. Is yellowTab trying to kill BeOS for good?
Yes...yes it is :)
Gimme driver for S3 virge video card now!!!!!
It'll be in pre-Beta for another year or three.

Maybe you can write the next BeDoper article?

Raoul Xembawnschii
2004-11-11 22:33:34 UTC
I could'nt find my own ass with a map & directions.
Tom Pain
2004-11-14 20:46:58 UTC
Post by Edmund
this I don't think I ever use it again.
Damn, man. Is yellowTab trying to kill BeOS for good?
Yes...yes it is :)
Gimme driver for S3 virge video card now!!!!!
It'll be in pre-Beta for another year or three.
Maybe you can write the next BeDoper article?
I could'nt find my own ass with a map & directions.
That, my friend, is the attraction.