USB Card Reader Not In Mount Menu
Duane A. Damiano
2005-09-05 01:50:05 UTC
My Sandisk 6 in 1 card reader is listed under USB devices in the Zeta
"Preferences" window. However, cards in the card reader do not appear
in the mount menu. Anyone know why? (The same hardware does appear in
the Linux/Gnome mount menu.)

BTW, ignore my earlier posting about the trouble I was having with IMAP
mail. That started working one day. I have no idea why. I didn't
change anything!

Duane
Earl Colby Pottinger
2005-09-06 22:27:51 UTC
Post by Duane A. Damiano
My Sandisk 6 in 1 card reader is listed under USB devices in the Zeta
"Preferences" window. However, cards in the card reader do not appear
in the mount menu. Anyone know why? (The same hardware does appear in
the Linux/Gnome mount menu.)
BTW, ignore my earlier posting about the trouble I was having with IMAP
mail. That started working one day. I have no idea why. I didn't
change anything!
Have not used Zeta only BeOS 5.03 with patches for USB.

I assume you, have tried the following:

Tried to boot machine with all hardware already installed.

Confirm cards were formated with MSDOS - FAT16

Remove any USB hubs between the computer and the reader.

Read the notes that came with the USB patches for BeOS, there he tell you how
to create a mount list for a device.

Earl Colby Pottinger
--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
the time? http://webhome.idirect.com/~earlcp
Duane A. Damiano
2005-09-16 01:28:20 UTC
Thanks. I did all of those things and it still doesn't work.

I tried installing the BeOS USB patch from BeBits. But, my system would
not boot with them. Fortunately, I backed up my original files (as
suggested by the instructions) so that I was able to boot 'without
add-ons' and un-do the patch installation.

Zeta recognizes my card reader, but the cards don't show up in the mount
menu. Oh well, I'll wait and see if the next version does any better.

Duane