New BeDoper / BeOSNews.com Launches
Ralph Waldo Emerson Winchester, III
2005-12-09 23:37:42 UTC
BeDoper
http://www.bedoper.com/bedoper/2005/36.htm

Articles:

BeOSNews.com Launches!
Michael Phipps Leaves Haiku
Tsk, Tsk

Send me your BeOS-related News and Rumours:
***@IHAVEENOUGHSPAMALREADY yahoo.com
--
People think I'm a snob, but it's just because I'm better than they are.

http://www.bedoper.com
http://beosnews.com/
Ralph Waldo Emerson Winchester, III
2005-12-10 01:54:58 UTC
Post by Ralph Waldo Emerson Winchester, III
BeDoper
Still advertising that tired old site?
What's that, retard?

http://beosnews.com/
Ralph Waldo Emerson Winchester, III
2005-12-10 03:00:03 UTC
Post by Ralph Waldo Emerson Winchester, III
Post by Ralph Waldo Emerson Winchester, III
BeDoper
Still advertising that tired old site?
What's that, retard?
Talking to yourself? I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so
pathetically funny.
A funny humorist? Pshaw.
Say something else stupid now!
Jim is smart?

http://beosnews.com/
The U.S. Constitution
2005-12-19 02:30:04 UTC
8< SNIP >8
Post by Ralph Waldo Emerson Winchester, III
Say something else stupid now!
Jim is smart?
Brilliant!! Don't let anybody tell you that you don't still have
"it".
You get a gold star for today.
<SARCASM>
Gee, I wonder why BeOS advocacy never convinces anyone to use BeOS.
</SARCASM>
Perhaps because so many of its users act like little children?
I'm sure that's the reason.
Possibly one of many. I probably should have phrased it "try BeOS".
Granted, BeOS certainly isn't suitable for the vast majority of users,
however, I was mainly referring to open source programmers who might be
interested in porting their opensource apps to the BeOS, if for no
other
reason, to use it as a hobby OS, or another platform on which to test
their code for portability.
I'd do it, except I simply don't have time, or enough experience with
C/C++ programming to undertake such projects.
It'll be interesting to see how much life, if any, could get put back
into the "BeOS way", if you will, when HaikuOS and/or OpenBeOS get a
bit more of a foothold.
It seems to be doing pretty well without any stick-in-the-ass pretentious
fuckwads.

But that's just me.
--
I'm just a goddamned piece of paper.

http://beosnews.com/
http://www.bedoper.com
http://www.cafepress.com/angeldevil
NunYa Bidness
2005-12-19 12:19:27 UTC
On 19 Dec 2005 02:30:04 GMT, "The U.S. Constitution"
Post by The U.S. Constitution
8< SNIP >8
[...]
Hear hear! There there! I wonder to whom you might be referring...

Naaaaaahhhh! I know exactly what you infer! Hahahahaha!
The U.S. Constitution
2005-12-19 23:46:59 UTC
On 19 Dec 2005 12:27:24 GMT, "The U.S. Constitution"
IMO, it will acquire about the same foothold as any one of say the
top 25 Linux distros would, as at that point, it will not be much
more
than equatable to a Linux distro (to the masses) that has been
streamlined for audio and video processing with low OS overhead
activity.
Actually, people pay money for it now, as well as in the past. How many
Linux distros can make that claim?
Excellent point. It has interesting, rather shining implications
(your point). I would rather have it as an open source product though
as far as what may be coming our way...
I can still remember one of my five OS machines that I booted from
XOSL into one major cooly configured machine!
I remember giving a BeOS demo at school, for the IT class I was in. I had
lots of movies, animations, videos, demos, games, etc. running at full
speed, with no slowdown in the user interface.

Then I pulled the plug. Everyone said "Ohhhhhhh!".

I had the desktop back up in 17 seconds.

My professor said, "Yes, but where are the movies?"

; )
XOSL is pretty cool, and would be nice if it got an update as well.
I think IIRC that it runs on my SATA drive, but has problems pointing
to one when starting from an PATA drive.
Really cool boot loader though. I could picture it with a real nice
startup screen capacity... the rest is already pretty cool.
Haiku has Opentracker (BeOS's desktop) running on their own kernel, now.
It's just a matter of time... They are aiming for swapping out parts of
Zeta, one at a time, with their open source code. This will insure total
compatibility.

Check out Befree, too. They've changed their name, but it's essentially a
big makeover for Linux using BeOS design principles.

http://www.bedoper.com/bedoper has a link to their new site, and
http://www.BeOSnews.com has a brief article on their name change.

The U.S. Constitution
2005-12-22 01:05:46 UTC
Oh please. BeOS worldwide, has what, maybe 50,000 users.
Go to http://www.BeOSnews.com

Follow the link to where yellowTab says they've sold 100,000 copies of Zeta
in the last year.

The U.S. Constitution
2005-12-23 05:09:32 UTC
Both you fucktards should stop posting your shit in alt.os.beos
Those Linux users have no class at all.
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:35:38 -0700, Stephen Edwards
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:09:38 -0700, Stephen Edwards
Let's see... there are 52 separate computers on the Boeing C-17.
Did Daddy show you where he works? Wow, did you get a lollipop too?
Oh boy... yet another of one of the most over used, retarded
lames
in Usenet. You are batting 1000, little boy.
The company that made the sim racks is not Boeing, dipshit.
Interesting, considering that you stated that the computers on the
Boeing were in fact made by Boeing.
No, idiot. The aircraft is made by Boeing. Much of the hardware
on
the craft is made by other firms.
Why do you insist on claiming that the computers were manufactured by
Boeing? Are you stupid or something?
The TEST racks are made by the same company that makes many of the
racks one would find on a Navy ship. That narrows it to just a few
firms, but I am certain that you not only do not know that, but you
are going to have to do a lot of catching up to get anywhere close to
knowing what is going on in the real world.
You sport more cluelessness, every time you post here.
You stated it. It's true. It's
all there in black and white.
I most certainly did, dipshit.
* Stephen waits patiently for another tug on the line...
Stephen has personal problems.
* Stephen wonders when this fscking worthless waste of skin is going
to realize that he is merely toying and messing around, and
intentionally spouting mistruths to keep said organism all riled
up for the purposes of his own entertainment.

The U.S. Constitution
2005-12-23 04:47:10 UTC
wrote in
: > BeDoper
: > http://www.bedoper.com/bedoper/2005/36.htm
: >
: >
: >-- snip --<
: Wow, how useless and un-Amiga related.
Amazingly like yourself. I would have thought that you and Jason
would be close friends.
WOW WHAT A SMART AND FUNNY RETORT!!!! YOU MUST BE THE MOST GIFTED
POSTER
EVER TO POST ANYWHERE!!!!!
</sarcasm>
RaYzor
Actually, BeDoper often has Amiga references and the like.

And there's a big overlap of BeOS and Amiga fans, for natural reasons.

Should I buy OS 4 or Zeta in January?

RaYzor
2005-12-23 09:12:03 UTC
Post by The U.S. Constitution
wrote in
: > BeDoper
: > http://www.bedoper.com/bedoper/2005/36.htm
: >
: >
: >-- snip --<
: Wow, how useless and un-Amiga related.
Amazingly like yourself. I would have thought that you and Jason
would be close friends.
WOW WHAT A SMART AND FUNNY RETORT!!!! YOU MUST BE THE MOST GIFTED
POSTER
EVER TO POST ANYWHERE!!!!!
</sarcasm>
RaYzor
Actually, BeDoper often has Amiga references and the like.
And there's a big overlap of BeOS and Amiga fans, for natural reasons.
Should I buy OS 4 or Zeta in January?
--
I'm just a goddamned piece of paper.
You should commit your criminally insane self to the nearest mental
institution.

RaYzor
Roy L. Fuchs
2005-12-23 10:22:55 UTC
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:12:03 GMT, "RaYzor"
Post by RaYzor
You should commit your criminally insane self to the nearest mental
institution.
That had all the maturity of a freshly laid turd.