512 meg limit
GARTH
2004-10-30 11:36:52 UTC
I've tried every patch I can find but still cannot gaet zeta to boot with
all of my ram installed and the floppy solution won't work either as the
file is bigger than the floppy it's meant to fit on the only thing I can
think of is to zip the file to the disk, Would that work?..Also how do you
format a floppy under zeta I searched for 2 hours and cannot find a
formatting program. I notice they have followed microsofts example and given
no instructions on even the basics.
Eugenia Loli-Queru
2004-11-01 20:31:15 UTC
I suggest you don't install more RAM if you want to use Zeta or BeOS. That's
the price to pay for using outdated software.

As for formatting a floppy, you use that disk app from Preferences. It lists
all partitions and floppies, and then you right click on the floppy and you
should be getting some options there.

Eugenia
Earl Colby Pottinger
2004-11-03 23:42:46 UTC
Post by GARTH
I've tried every patch I can find but still cannot gaet zeta to boot with
all of my ram installed and the floppy solution won't work either as the
file is bigger than the floppy it's meant to fit on the only thing I can
think of is to zip the file to the disk, Would that work?..Also how do you
format a floppy under zeta I searched for 2 hours and cannot find a
formatting program. I notice they have followed microsofts example and
given no instructions on even the basics.
First how much memory do you have? Which video card and how much memory on
it too?

BeOS at present does not handle more than a gigabyte of memory, but I am sure
there were patches for more than 512 meg. As my machine only has 768 meg I
had not needed to add any. Just to help people help you can you list which
patch you have used?

Also what I would do in your situation is install a small partation with BeOS
PE on it. This becomes your stand by boot and lets you work on the Zeta
partation from within BeOS.

As for formatting floppies just use DriveSetup in Preferences, works for me.
Note how the error messages are almost useless if you have a bad drive
assembly or floppy disk. I suggest you test them else where to be sure, and
don't forget to enable the floppy drive in the BIOS.

Earl Colby Pottinger
--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to